All meetings take place at the village hall at 7.30pm.
No meeting in January
• February 26 – My father’s story. Stuart Green, formerly of Stoneleigh and himself a pilot, will talk about his father Alan Green’s experiences in Bomber Command in WW2. He was shot down and taken to Stalag Luft. Alan (of Coventry’s Greens the Chemists) died in 1976 and his ashes are interred at Stoneleigh.
• March 26 – AGM + Heidi Meyer, Master of Lord Leycester Hospital, Warwick, will talk about her work there.
• April 30 – Pete James will talk about the Coventry Peace Riots of July 1919. (brought forward from original June date)
• May 29 (Weds) – trip to the Back to Backs.
• June 25 – Derek Clarke, a guide at Birmingham’s Back to Backs, will talk about the conversion of the properties by the National Trust. (postponed from April date)
No meetings in July/August
• September 24 – Sheila Woolf will talk about the History of Stoneleigh School 1710-1976
• October 29 – The Coventry Women’s Research Group. They will talk about their work and in particular two of the books which they have published: ‘Redressing the Balance’ and ‘Sent to Coventry’.
• November 26 – Anne Langley will talk about the Warwick County Asylum, an early reformatory for juveniles.
• December 17 – Christmas Social.