All exhibitions have been held in the Leigh Chapel of St Mary the Virgin Church, Stoneleigh.
2019: the watercolours of William Roseblade, 1882-1967
2017-2018: “Stoneleigh Church – Centuries of Change and Renewal.” A comprehensive history of the church building and the people associated with it
- 2016: the churchyard project – “Remembering our neighbours past” – a display revealing our researches into the churchyard burials. Stones have been transcribed, photographed, mapped; a fully searchable database can be found on our webpage Burials Database.
Some photographs from the launch of the churchyard project
- 2015: to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of Sir Henry Parkes, an extensive display about his life and contribution to Australian politics, accompanied by a new booklet (see Booklets page) and a commemorative plaque.
Some pictures from our activities to celebrate the bicentenary. (Pictures copyright T.Swann 2015)
Read our Order of Service here: parkes order of service and for newspaper coverage (local) see http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-welcomes-australian-high-commissioner-9606865 and international: Australian Article
Some pictures from our preview evening of 2014’s WW1 display:
Previous exhibitions have included:
- 2014 to mark the centenary of the start of Great War in 2014, an overview of the lives of the 80 men from Stoneleigh who served and returned, together with a display about those fourteen who lost their lives.
- 2013 a major display to include a timeline of village history since Saxon times, a collection of old photographs (and identification of those depicted), and other finished printed booklets.
- 2012 “Coronation Christenings” – to mark the Diamond Jubilee * see below
- 2011 the 160th anniversary of The Forge – “Blacksmiths of Stoneleigh” (see Booklet Publications” page)
* “Coronation Christenings” – extracts from the parish registers in Coronation years.